The European Chamber of Commerce Financial Services Business Council, invites you to join the following breakfast seminar “Fueling FinTech in Hong Kong and Europe”.
Prominent speakers from the industry and the supervision authority will share their views on how the regulatory landscape in Hong Kong and Europe could facilitate innovation and technology in the finance industry.
The event will take the form of presentations and panel discussions, followed by interactive Q&A session with leading practitioners.
We look forward to welcoming you at the seminar. You are requested to kindly confirm your participation by 28 April 2016, 6:00pm by completing the online registration form below. Free entrance, mandatory registration, seats allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are unable to register online, please complete the registration form below and email to email@example.com
About the panelists:
Ms. Bénédicte Nolens, Senior Director, Head of Risk & Strategy, Securities and Futures Commission
Ms. Bénédicte Nolens is leading the centralised unit overseeing risk identification and related strategic planning for the SFC, including through the use of regulatory technology. She is the Vice Chair of the Committee on Emerging Risks of the International Association of Securities Commissions (IOSCO). From April 2015 until March 2016, Ms. Nolens was Member of the Hong Kong SAR Steering Group on Financial Technologies (Fintech) and from March 2016 onward she has acted as SFC Fintech Contact Point.
Mr. Janos Barberis, Founder of Fin Tech HK
Mr. Janos Barberis is a Millennial in FinTech, recognized as a top-35 global FinTech leader. His expertise is on the new regulatory considerations raised by the development of FinTech. With a passion to drive change, he founded FinTech HK, a thought leadership platform, and the SuperCharger - a FinTech Accelerator that strategically leverages on Hong Kong as a gateway to Asia. He also co-Founded the FinTech Book and is a Board Member for the Future of Finance FinTech Committee in the World Economic Forum.
Mr. Alex Medana, CEO, WIP Solutions ltd
Mr. Alex Medana has 17 years of relevant experience in the securities industry. He has held a number of key management roles in Global Tier 1 financial institutions in Operations across various asset classes, client segments, business lines and locations particularly in post-trade. He is a regular public speaker at financial services forums and a sought after mentor and advisor. WIP solutions is a FinTech company that develops and constantly refines Blockchain solutions that are easily deployable and flexible to cater to various different workflows, such as payments, clearing, settlement, supply chain, collateral, lending.
||Panel presentation and discussion with Q&A
***The organizer reserves the right to change agenda and speakers***
Remarks and Cancellation Policy:
- Entrance to the seminar is FREE (Funded by the European Union) on a first-come, first-served basis and pre-registration is required
- Registration is considered to be successful ONLY upon receiving the registration confirmation email from EuroCham
- If you are on the waitlist, we will only get in touch with you if seats are released. If you have not received notification from our side by 28 April 2016 you may consider your registration to be unsuccessful and we look forward to seeing in our future events
- The organizer reserves the right to bring forward or postpone the registration deadline
- Speakers and participants are expected to fund their own travel, hotel accommodation, visit visa, transportation or any other charges
- Cancellations must be made in writing by 28 April 2016, 6:00pm
- When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be cancelled